Subject: Re: Please test bootstrap
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/03/2005 11:09:10
On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 05:08:24PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Please update your pkgsrc (especially devel/bmake and bootstrap)
> and test the bootstrap.
>
> devel/bmake now includes the source and bootstrap uses it instead.
>
> I tested this on a few operating systems.
>
> Please test this on various platforms.
>
> Please have a look at the "mk" files installation. I need help!
> I attempted putting the mk-files source in pkgsrc/devel/mk-files/files and
> using it, but had various problems.

bmake/bootstrap builds on Solaris 9, but it's job control is a bit
broken. after starting a pkg build, I can hit ^C all I like, and nothing
happens. strangely, even ^\ didn't kill it, I had to kill the
top-level bmake from another shell.

do you have the original diff of bootstrap/bmake vs. devel/bmake? I'm
guessing the diff will make it easy to identify and fix this.

grant.