Subject: Re: amanda users: please suggest DESCRiptions
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Manuel Bouyer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/02/2005 22:32:33
On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 12:30:09PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Please suggest specific descriptions for the sysutils/amanda*/DESCR files.
> At this time, the five packages have identical descriptions.

I would add at the end of the DESCR files:
This is a meta package providing all components of the amanda backup system.

This package provide the amanda programs for backup and restore on the
client side.

This package provide the amanda programs and libraries required by other
amanda packages.

This package provide the amanda programs required on the amanda server to
drive backups.

This package provide the amanda tools to analyse the server's logs and
build graphs from statistics. This requires gnuplot.

Does someone have better wordings ?

Manuel Bouyer <>