Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/scamper
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/02/2005 21:30:37
Dieter Baron wrote:
> hi,
>

>>Can you think of a solution where we could specify "this option must be
>>here, or else we PKG_SKIP_REASON with a message"?  Note PKG_SKIP_REASON
>>rather than PKG_FAIL_REASON:  like *_FOR_PLATFORM, we probably shouldn't use
>>FAIL to mark this as a problem, but currently the options framework has no
>>provision for that.
>

>   One way to do so now is to explicitly check for it and set
> PKG_SKIP_REASON if it's not set:
>
> .if empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Minet6)
> PKG_SKIP_REASON=This package requires inet6 support to be enabled

If at all, use:

PKG_SKIP_REASON+= "This package requires inet6 support to be enabled."

Yes, I know, the variables is one of the few misnomers in pkgsrc. It
should have been called PKG_SKIP_REASONS from the very beginning. The
main point here is to use quotes, or each word will be printed on a line
of its own.

Roland