Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/scamper
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/02/2005 21:04:03
hi,

> Can you think of a solution where we could specify "this option must be
> here, or else we PKG_SKIP_REASON with a message"?  Note PKG_SKIP_REASON
> rather than PKG_FAIL_REASON:  like *_FOR_PLATFORM, we probably shouldn't use
> FAIL to mark this as a problem, but currently the options framework has no
> provision for that.

  One way to do so now is to explicitly check for it and set
PKG_SKIP_REASON if it's not set:

.if empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Minet6)
PKG_SKIP_REASON=This package requires inet6 support to be enabled
.endif

  But that would not be reflected in the ``make show-options'' output.

  If we really want support for required options, I can add explicit
support for this to the options framework (via the new variable
PKG_OPTIONS_REQUIRED_OPTIONS, for example).

> I'm
> fully open to alternate solutions, as I do believe in the options framework
> as a better way of handling this than the old, deprecated make variables.

  Thank you, that's good to hear.

						yours,
						dillo