Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/scamper
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/02/2005 13:24:06
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Dieter Baron wrote:

> : Require IPv6 support via the options framework.
>
>   This is not the right fix.  The options framework is for options,
> i. e. setting that a user can choose wether to enable.

Well, I did use _OPSYS_HAS_INET6 at first in the sipcalc package, but that
seemed even clunkier because it is accessing _-prefixed variables (and does
not change behavior if the user explicitly requested omission of IPv6
support).  USE_INET6 is deprecated, too, in favor of the "inet6" option.

>   Do you really want this package to fail on an IPv6 capabale system
> if the user choose to disable the inet6 option?

Ideally, yes.  If the user requested omission of IPv6 support on a global
basis, packages that require IPv6 support should indeed fail.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>