Subject: Re: OOo2-bin on 2.1_RC5/i386: barf
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/02/2005 19:02:36
Hi,

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 01:17:48PM +0200, Michael Rauch wrote:
> > > [dir /emul/linux/home/feyrer/.openoffice.org2]
> >
> > I don't have such a directory.
> > And it seems it's not created?!
> >
> > After creating it manually, some things get created inside it, but the
> > same error box ("The application cnanot be started / An internal error
> > occurred / [OK]") appears, but ``I18N: Operating system doesn't support
> > locale "en_US"'' is the last line on the console now.

what are the permissions on the directory /emul/linux/home/feyrer ?
I could produce a crash if as root I do
"mkdir /emul/linux/home/feyrer" (therefore the user feyrer doesn't have
access rights on this directory) and then start OOo.
If this directory is user-owned it works for me, creating
/emul/linux/home/feyrer/.openoffice.org2 and files therein.

Does that help anything?
(Maybe remove home/feyrer/.openoffice.org2 and
/emul/linux/home/feyrer/.openoffice.org2 before testing anything to have
a clean state.)

Cheers,

Michael