Subject: Re: Please test bootstrap
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/01/2005 15:46:16
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> Bootstrap definitely doesn't work for Fedora Core 4 (Redhat developement). It
> breaks on several fronts. I finally got it to compile bmake and the *compat*
> library, can't remember the exact name right now, after some more hacking.
>
> It now fails building packages due to lack of NLS support. I haven't
> investigate this further due to lack of time.

I assume this unrelated to my changes.

> Since FC4 is a linux distro, I would be hesitant to claim that bootstrapping
> Linux works... :-)

I tested under my PkgLinux. Also received reports that it works under Red
Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 2.1 (Panama), Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES
release 3 (Taroon Update 3), and that it also fixed Debian unstable (using
gcc-3.4).

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/