Subject: mkfontdir dependency
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/01/2005 20:37:06
Hi all,
due to some build problems with kdebase3 on DragonFly, I've found a
nasty problem in the current dependencies of most font packages.
kdebase3 uses mkfontdir during the install phase, but doesn't depend
e.g. on x11/xorg-clients. For systems without native X11 it can't work
for obvious reaons. Similiar do many packages under fonts/ call
mkfontdir from the install scripts, but don't depend on it either.

Now I could just add a build or run time dependency on the client
package. BUT. The current X11 selection mechanism handles only
${X11}-libs, not ${X11}-clients. Any ideas?

Joerg