Subject: Re: Please test bootstrap
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/31/2005 18:32:01
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> Please have a look at the "mk" files installation. I need help!
>
> Excuse me, but if this is in a state where you need help, why did you commit
> it (and break a lot of things) then instead of asking for help & review
> FIRST?
>
> I strongly recommend to back things out and redo this properly!

Why back this out? As far as I know, it works correctly. I only made one
change at a time. This change was for bmake.

Did it break for you? It works for me. And I asked for feedback several
times on tech-pkg. (Last month, I did most of the work.)

This was tested and discussed on tech-pkg numerous times.

Please tell me what part broke for you.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/