Subject: Re: Please test bootstrap
To: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/31/2005 18:29:53
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Roland Illig wrote:

>> Please have a look at the "mk" files installation. I need help!
>> I attempted putting the mk-files source in pkgsrc/devel/mk-files/files and
>> using it, but had various problems.
>
> Like this:?

> checking for struct stat.st_rdev... yes
> checking if diff -u works... yes
> checking for MACHINE & MACHINE_ARCH...
> defaults: MACHINE=sunos5, MACHINE_ARCH=sparc
> Using: MACHINE=sunos5, MACHINE_ARCH=sparc
> configure: error: bad value
> /home/j2001/1illig/proj/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/mk given for mksrc cannot
> find install-mk
> ===> exited with status 1
> aborted.

Did you get this problem with the bootstrap? (I had fixed that problem for
me.)

Or did you get that problem when trying to figure out the "mk-files"
part?

The bmake's boot-strap looks for mk* directories and then the error you
see above is from the bmake's configure script. You shouldn't get that
error if mk* is not seen. (That is why I named it "files-mk".)

The problems I had are various, such as using X11BASE= (overrides) on
DragonFly. Ignoring MAKECONF, etc.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/