Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/sysexits
To: None <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/31/2005 12:30:49
On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

> > sysexits-1.0: Package for a <sysexits.h> header, which is a common BSD-ism
> > but not included on all OS's.
> why didn't you add it to nbcompat instead?

I don't want to include the whole shebang just for one header file that
several packages (which are otherwise portable) use.

Sure, this could have a workaround by autoconf-checking for its existence in
the dependent packages.  However, sysexits.h has a lot of constants in it,
and the good part about having a real sysexits.h is consistency across

-- Todd Vierling <> <> <>