Subject: RE: Interix perl build problem
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Boyd Kelly (Coast Systems) <bkelly@coastone.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2005 23:12:20
Thank you Todd!

I'll get to it tomorrow evening.

bk=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Vierling [mailto:tv@duh.org]=20
Sent: October 30, 2005 7:36 PM
To: Boyd Kelly (Coast Systems)
Cc: tech-pkg@netbsd.org

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Boyd Kelly \(Coast Systems\) wrote:

> Any suggestions on a best order to start installing packages from=20
> source?  I had a terrible time with gettext and libiconv.

Hm, they're building fine for me here, after some fixes I did last week.
One of the problems revolves around issues in WinXP SP2 and Win2003 SP1,
which can be fixed by applying the hotfixes I recommend on the following
page:

    http://www.duh.org/interix/hotfixes.php

Because these hotfixes are now more-or-less required for proper gcc
operation on Interix, I will be putting this URL into the
Interix-specific portion of the pkgsrc Guide and README.

I plan to do a partial upload of binary packages tonight, which will
take a while to get there (mmm, really biased asymmetric DSL).  However,
perl, gettext, and libiconv will be part of the upload.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>