Subject: RE: Interix perl build problem
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Boyd Kelly (Coast Systems) <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2005 23:12:20
Thank you Todd!

I'll get to it tomorrow evening.

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Vierling []=20
Sent: October 30, 2005 7:36 PM
To: Boyd Kelly (Coast Systems)

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Boyd Kelly \(Coast Systems\) wrote:

> Any suggestions on a best order to start installing packages from=20
> source?  I had a terrible time with gettext and libiconv.

Hm, they're building fine for me here, after some fixes I did last week.
One of the problems revolves around issues in WinXP SP2 and Win2003 SP1,
which can be fixed by applying the hotfixes I recommend on the following

Because these hotfixes are now more-or-less required for proper gcc
operation on Interix, I will be putting this URL into the
Interix-specific portion of the pkgsrc Guide and README.

I plan to do a partial upload of binary packages tonight, which will
take a while to get there (mmm, really biased asymmetric DSL).  However,
perl, gettext, and libiconv will be part of the upload.

-- Todd Vierling <> <> <>