Subject: Re: Interix perl build problem
To: Boyd Kelly \\(Coast Systems\\) <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2005 22:36:06
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Boyd Kelly \(Coast Systems\) wrote:

> Any suggestions on a best order to start installing packages from
> source?  I had a terrible time with gettext and libiconv.

Hm, they're building fine for me here, after some fixes I did last week.
One of the problems revolves around issues in WinXP SP2 and Win2003 SP1,
which can be fixed by applying the hotfixes I recommend on the following

Because these hotfixes are now more-or-less required for proper gcc
operation on Interix, I will be putting this URL into the Interix-specific
portion of the pkgsrc Guide and README.

I plan to do a partial upload of binary packages tonight, which will take a
while to get there (mmm, really biased asymmetric DSL).  However, perl,
gettext, and libiconv will be part of the upload.

-- Todd Vierling <> <> <>