Subject: Re: Interix support
To: Boyd Kelly \\(Coast Systems\\) <bkelly@coastone.ca>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2005 22:31:59
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Boyd Kelly \(Coast Systems\) wrote:

> Is support fading away for Interix?  I notice that the binary packages
> don't seem to be available anywhere...  The bootstrap at least is, but
> there are a number of packages that don't build.

Funny, I just replied to someone else in private yesterday about this.

I am currently the only person keeping watch on Interix support, and was
without a "beefy" build box until this month.  A bulk build is running right
now to complete midweek (I think), and I plan to fix up build breakage over
the next month.

Some recent build problems have been thanks to ${AWK} being set to something
not very useful (Interix ships with an older awk with a somewhat low default
line length limit), and I just fixed that last week.

More news to be posted here as the build finishes.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>