Subject: Re: freetds and PREFIX and man pages
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2005 21:29:39
On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 09:16:02AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I see that freetds installs binaries, includes, libraries to
> ${PREFIX}/freetds/{bin,include,lib}.
> I don't know or use freetds. Why do these go under a "freetds" directory?

Simply because dependant software expects them under

I'd like this changed to standardized layout, i.e. binaries to
in ${PREFIX}/bin, manpages under ${PREFIX}/${PKGMANDIR},
libraries under ${PREFIX}/lib/freetds/ and includes under

The first two should be quite simple using configure arguments.
The other two should be as simple too, but require patching
other software in pkgsrc tree first.

> The docs and examples are not under ${PREFIX}/freetds.
> The man pages are now installed to ${PREFIX}/${PKGMANDIR} instead of
> ${PREFIX}/freetds/man. Is that okay? May I fix the PLIST for this?
>  Jeremy C. Reed
>  	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-