Subject: Re: mail/imap-uw build problems on Darwin
To: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2005 09:01:37
> cc1: error: unrecognized option `-Wno-pointer-sign'
> *** Error code 1

I don't have that issue on Tiger with gcc 4, and it is listed in the gcc
man page. Does your gcc man page mention it?

> /usr/bin/libtool: can't locate file for: -lgssapi
> /usr/bin/libtool: file: -lgssapi is not an object file (not allowed in a
> library)
> /usr/bin/libtool: can't locate file for: -lasn1
> /usr/bin/libtool: file: -lasn1 is not an object file (not allowed in a
> library)
> /usr/bin/libtool: can't locate file for: -lroken
> /usr/bin/libtool: file: -lroken is not an object file (not allowed in a
> library)

where are libgsappi, libasnl, and libroken supposed to come from?
At least on Darwin they are not supplied by pkgsrc.

I think the patch should not simply be removed, because otherwise the
Makefile.gss flatly references /usr/local, which is likely incorrect with
most systems. I just removed the -lgsappi, -lasnl, and -lroken statements
from the patched src/osdep/unix/Makefile.gss's last line, and this makes
things compile on Darwin. Now I agree I don't have a suitable idea of how
to make this conditional depending on the OS. The is ${GSS_EXTRA_LDFLAGS},
maybe the libs in question could be placed there on the appropriate OS?
Would that have to be set as a MAKE_ENV?

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de  +49 178 8545053