Subject: Re: Overhauling PLIST command set
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
From: Dieter Baron <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/29/2005 22:28:58
In article <> Julio wrote:
: On 10/28/05, Thomas Klausner <> wrote:
: > @dir
: > Directory owned by a package.  Replaces @dirrm (and @exec ${MKDIR}).
: >
: > @shareddir
: > Directory used by multiple packages.  The first package installed
: > using it creates it, last one deinstalled removes it (probably using
: > the refcount framework).  Replaces @unexec ${RMDIR} (and @exec ${MKDIR}).

: I like this but... do we really need to differentiate between the two types of
: directories?  I think we should treat them all as shareddir for
: simplicity and to
: avoid a lot of extra logic in pkgsrc to explicitly handle shareddirs.

  I think it's a useful error check: if the directory is not shared,
it has to be empty when it's removed during pkg_delete.