Subject: does .include order of dependencies matter?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/27/2005 17:19:25
Hello,

I have this strange thing with a package I'm working on.  The program is
written in Python and also uses py-ncurses.  So at the bottom of my
Makefile I put:

.include "../../devel/py-curses/buildlink3.mk"
.include "../../lang/python/application.mk"

But this way, only py-curses gets registered as a (direct) dependency.
When I switch these two lines, both python and py-curses are registered as
direct dependencies.  Is this dependency on order of .include lines
intended or not?  Anyway it's not documented.

Another oddity is that the #!/usr/bin/env python header is not replaced by
../../lang/python/application.mk when I set NO_CONFIGURE=yes in my
Makefile.  Again: intended or not?

	Geert