Subject: Re: www/opera should use suse_fontconfig and suse_freetype2
To: Andrew Daugherity <andrew.daugherity@gmail.com>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/27/2005 09:52:54
On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 01:40:19AM -0500, Andrew Daugherity wrote:
> As Opera does run fine without the Linux libfreetype (but only using the
> core X fonts, and not supporting antialiasing), perhaps this should be an
> option (enabled by default?) rather than a strict dependency.

I haven't been able yet to spot a visual difference using Opera with or
with suse_freetype2 and suse_fontconfig, but if it actually uses them, I
wouldn't bother making them optional dependencies, just throw them in. :-)
Cfr., the mozilla or firefox packages don't option'ize those either,
although they can be built without.

	Geert