Subject: New global option: "no-home-callback"?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/26/2005 15:22:04
I'm going to add a hack to net/ntop to force the version checking "spy" aka
"phone home" callbacks not to run at all.  Of course, it will still accept
the --skip-version-check switch, but it will do nothing special in that
case.

I think this may be useful to earmark under a globally usable option, where
supported.  Any objections to the name "no-home-callback"?  I'm trying to
avoid the term "spyware" if possible, as that normally refers to things that
are quite a bit more malicious.

no-home-callback        Disable automatic phone-home callbacks such as version checks.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>