Subject: gimp support in sane-frontends
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.okt.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/25/2005 19:59:27
Hi,

I wanted to build graphics/sane-frontends and discovered that it wants to
pull in GIMP2 and a lot of GNOME packages. On the other hand a short
inspection showed that GIMP is not necessary at all, the package can
build with GTK2 alone. This probably means gtk2/buildlink3.mk should be
included directly.

It was easy to add an option "gimp-plugin" which enables support for GIMP
(and is set as default) so I can add

  PKG_OPTIONS.sane-frontends=     -gimp-plugin

to my mk.conf file.

Should I apply this change to sane-frontends? How about the name of the
option "gimp-plugin"? I also considered "gimp", "sane-frontends-gimp"
and "sane-frontends-gimp-plugin".
Are there other packages where it would make sense to disable building
plugins or general support for GIMP?

ciao
     Klaus