Subject: Re: Support for marking packages as installed automatically as dependencies
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/25/2005 09:34:24
On Mar 15, 12:57pm, Thomas Klausner wrote:
}
} Attached are patches for pkg_install and bsd.pkg.mk that implement
} marking packages that are pulled in as dependencies as automatically
} installed, which was requested on this mailing list some time ago.
} It works with pkg_add, make install, and make bin-install.
}
} pkg_info -Qautomatic PKG tells whether a packages was installed
} automatically.  pkg_admin set automatic=[yes|no] PKG sets/clears that
} mark.  Also, pkg_info -a lists all installed packages while pkg_info
} without arguments omits automatically installed packages.

     Can it be made so that pkg_info -a somehow indicates which
packages were automatically installed?  Right now, we have output like
this:

pkga blah blah
pkgb blah blah

I'm thinking of having it do something like this:

-     pkga blah blah
a     pkgb blah blah
axy   pkgc blah blah

I.e. moving the package name over a bit and having space at the
beginning of the line for flags (where a would indicate a package that
was automatically installed).

}-- End of excerpt from Thomas Klausner