Subject: Re: Support for marking packages as installed automatically as dependencies
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/24/2005 22:14:03
In article <rmid5lv1zrp.fsf@fnord.ir.bbn.com> Greg wrote:
: I'd like there to be support for a number of variables/properties of
: packages, or rather specifically a variable that indicates a (direct)
: dependency has been 'make replace'd (and hence the package is "dirty"
: and needs rebuilding).  I think that the the 'foo property is true'
: feature should be abstracted.  We shouldn't add these with abandon,
: but among the standard CS choices of 0, 1, and many it seems the
: answer is many.

  Sounds good.  I'll change it to use +INSTALLED_INFO with the same
format as +BUILD_INFO (lines with variable=value).  To differentiate
between BUILD_INFO and INSTALLED_INFO variables, the former have to be
lower case.

						yours,
						dillo