Subject: Re: Support for marking packages as installed automatically as
To: None <wiz@NetBSD.org, dillo@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/24/2005 19:43:01
Nice work.
I have only one minor concern: "pkg_info -a" does something now, and
you're changing this. How about using -A for the new thing?

Not a major issue, but it _may_ bite a few people.

Also, I'd rewrite the whole description of pkg_info's -a switch:

  Show information for all currently installed packages.
+By default, automatically installed packages (as dependencies
+of other packages) are not displayed.

First it's "all" packages, then there's some restriction. How about:

Show information on all packages that were installed by the user.
This list does not packages that were added automatically in the process,
e.g. as dependencies).
To get a full list do XXX what?

  - Hubert