Subject: Re: print/teTeX distfiles and pkgtools/x11-links fail
To: None <>
From: George Georgalis <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/23/2005 14:59:00
On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 01:59:42AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 08:04:27PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
>> per Documentation/pkgsrc/getting.html#via-sup
>> I expected this sup to make my tree current...
>> # rm /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/x11-links/
>> # sup /usr/share/examples/supfiles/
>> SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for file /usr/share/examples/supfiles/ at Oct 16 18:23:46
>Hm, -d would probably be a good idea too.

...everyone seems to use cvs, so I switched...

>> # grep /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/x11-links/
>> grep: /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/x11-links/ No such file or directory
>However, I haven't used sup in a long time, so I'm not sure
>where this error comes from.

that was a problem with pkgtools/x11-links which I might not have
experienced if I had my sources updated correctly...

>> Per /usr/pkgsrc/print/teTeX/DESCR
>> I thought that was the best way to setup for authoring tex,
>> how would I to have found print/teTeX3-bin?
>It's currently a bit hidden, true. I hope this will be solved
>in the near future.

I'm still not sure why you suggest print/teTeX3-bin over
print/teTeX they probably both would have failed with the old
source.  The only difference I know is the DEPENDS, which adds
texi2html, but if there is something else I didn't notice, let me

// George

George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator <IXOYE>< cell:646-331-2027