Subject: packages with BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.qt3tools (was Re: should BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.qt3-tools default to "build"?)
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/19/2005 20:44:04
On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 08:45:01AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Please test your kdepim and anything else you use that depends on
> qt3-tools. Thanks!

According to a quick grep construction, these are the packages that have to
be checked, i.e. the packages that .include qt3-tools/buildlink3.mk but
do not explicitly set BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.qt3:

audio/hydrogen
audio/kmp
audio/madman
cad/qcad
cad/vipec
databases/mysqlcc
wip/djvu
wip/kapital
wip/konversation
wip/qcad
wip/qgis
wip/rosegarden-current
wip/superkaramba
editors/lyx-qt
misc/celestia-kde
misc/qbrew
security/MyPasswordSafe
security/libfwbuilder
security/libfwbuilder
x11/py-qt3-base

I have already verified audio/kmp to need qt3-tools only at build-time.

> Maybe x11/qt3-tools/buildlink3.mk should have:
> BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.qt3-tools=build

If we do that, these are the packages that can have that line removed from
their Makefile:

chat/psi
wip/lincvs
wip/mixxx
wip/xxdiff
editors/texmaker
meta-pkgs/kde3
security/qca
security/qca-tls
time/ptimetracker

Also, the packages in the first list should have their PKGREVISION bumped then.

	Geert