Subject: Re: ezm3 on DragonFly?
To: None <rillig@NetBSD.org>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/12/2005 00:12:30
> >>Not the highest priority, I know, since most of us just use it
> >>to build cvsup.  Anyone have it working on DragonFly yet?
> >>Anyone working on it?
> >
> > Both Simon and me looked at it and moved to more important items. I=
t's a
> > big ugly mess to "bootstrap" pm3.
>
> Same for cm3. But it is possible. (If I could only motivate me to fin=
ish =

> that work. ;))

As you may have noticed, I've recently made versions of ezm3 for
NetBSD/alpha and NetBSD/sgimips (actually, should be able to run on any=

NetBSD/mipseb), ref. my posting on Sep 08 to current-users under the
subject "ezm3 for alpha and sgimips".

In the process I tried to factor out the code which is machine-specific=
,
big-endian/little-endian, 32-bit/64-bit etc. specific; the diffs might =
be
a reasonable starting point.  I also made some notes for what needs to =
be
touched to make a new ezm3 port, which are included in the diffs.

Myself, I don't have a DragonFly machine to test a port on, or to extra=
ct
the required port-specific information from.

Regards,

- H=E5vard