Subject: Re: python binary
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/10/2005 10:42:39
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Greg Troxel wrote:

> So from a binary package point of view, I think it's important that if
> a package found python X at package building time, it continue to get
> python X.

Can it be assumed that some python scripts can work with any version of
python we provide?

Maybe we can add some package variable like: ANY_PYTHON_IS_OKAY=yes and
then PYTHONBIN could just be non-versioned ${LOCALBASE}/bin/python.

Thsi would help so changing python versions installed wouldn't make us
have to rebuild packages needing it.

And then we still need the non-versioned ${LOCALBASE}/bin/python
installed though.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services
 	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/