Subject: Re: IRIX64 packages uploaded
To: Jan Schaumann <>
From: Stuart Shelton <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/09/2005 23:05:12
> > * tiff has a problem due to stdarg.h - for some reason tiffio.h doesn't
> > see the definition of va_list;
> Ah, yes, I remember this one.  According to my notes
> ( I was able to work around this
> (admittedly hackishly) by copying the stdarg.h and
> internal/stdarg_core.h from a 6.5.23 system into place.  :-/

I found that merely adding "typedef char *va_list;" to tiffio.h did the
trick - YMMV ;)

It's interesting to note that some of the packages listing in your
bulk-build list as failing did work for me...  IIRC gtar was okay.

At the moment my problem is with groff with which, as I mentioned
previously (sorry for repeating myself!) I get:

cc-1132 CC: ERROR File = /usr/include/stdlib.h, Line = 26
  The namespace "std" has no member "abs".

1 error detected in the compilation of "font.cpp".

... and I haven't got a clue how to approach fixing this one (other than
creating a local copy of stdlib.h and remove the reference to "abs"...)

Any ideas to get me moving?

PR30940 - Treat MIPSpro like Apple gcc (po_lex.*) fixes
PR31137 - Building without threads works
PR31273 - Adding -lgen fixes