Subject: Re: IRIX64 packages uploaded
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Stuart Shelton <stuart@zeus.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/09/2005 17:40:01
> I've just uploaded 1752 binary packages for IRIX64 6.5 to
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/IRIX-6.5/64/pkgsrc-2005Q3/.
>
> The packages were built from the pkgsrc-2005Q3 branch as 64bit packages
> on IRIX 6.5.23f using the MIPSPro Compiler chain version 7.41.
>
> I'll do incremental builds of the pkgsrc-2005Q3 branch and upload the
> results.

Wow, great work! ;)

Out of interest, how many issues did you encounter in building these
packages?

I'm building on an IP30 with IRIX 6.5.28 and MIPSpro 7.4.3m.

There's a fair number of packages which require "-lmp" to be linked
against, and some code to detect the number of parameters that certain
functions take can produce the wrong result, but other things I've
noticed are:

* Perl fails in odd ways if thread support is enabled;
* tiff has a problem due to stdarg.h - for some reason tiffio.h doesn't
see the definition of va_list;
* netpbm needs to be linked with -lgen; convertor/other/jpeg2000 tries
to invoke cc with -I-I/usr/bsd/include (which seems to be due to
mis-detecting the location of the jasper headers);
converter/other/cameratopam/camera.c needs to define setenv() as
putenv(); camera.o needs to be manually linked
against /usr/lib32/dsmcrt.o(!); "extern char *strdup(const char *);"
needs to be added to editor/ppmdraw.c;
* ghostscript-gnu seems to crash the compiler (division by zero) when
attempting LNO;
* Finally, groff fails with:

cc-1132 CC: ERROR File = /usr/include/stdlib.h, Line = 26
  The namespace "std" has no member "abs".

  __SGI_LIBC_USING_FROM_STD(abs)
  ^

1 error detected in the compilation of "font.cpp".

Did you have to modify/fix many packages to build this collection?  If
so, will these patches be merged in-tree, or kept separate?

Cheers,

	Stuart