Subject: Re: bmake and bootstrap and own.mk and MKCONF
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.okt.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/09/2005 12:52:25
Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

> below), but if it doesn't I don't see any problem with leaving this as
> a pkgsrc specific patch - doesn't affect the binary which is built.

> Again I don't think there should be a problem with keeping this a
> pkgsrc specific patch.

At the moment, pkgsrc/bootstrap does not require a patch program on the
target platform.
Trying to apply your patches on Unixware revealed that their patch program
does not understand the "unified" format. I think patch on Solaris
behaves the same way or at least did on older versions.

Either we require "patch" (understanding one of the older formats) or we
cannot use patches for bootstrapping.

ciao
     Klaus