Subject: Re: patch: bacula option group, plus a fix in the docs
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/07/2005 13:55:50
On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 01:34:21PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 11:19:31AM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> > The sysutils/bacula package uses some non-standard method to force the
> > selection of only one of its options, it should use option groups, I guess.
>
> Thanks for the patch, applied.

Thanks Thomas.

Also, why is there another bacula package in pkgsrc-wip?

The package in wip seems more up-to-date, but organized differently.  Is it
intentional to have the two in parallel?

I'd like to work on some more modifications on the bacula package:
* update to the latest version (1.16.3)
* add catalog-mysql option
* split bacula package in client/server packages, because e.g. a pure
  client setup doesn't need to install SQL or a bacula user to work
* maybe add options/packages for wxwidgets and gnome frontends

Good ideas?

	Geert