Subject: linuxpluginwrapper
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2005 14:12:13
Hello,

I'm trying to port FreeBSD's "linuxpluginwrapper" package to NetBSD.  This
little package allows binary linux plugins (e.g. flash) to be used in a
native NetBSD browser binary (no longer need mozilla-linux!).

I've got most parts compiled already, but one (build) problem remains:

> compat_linux/linux_ioctl.c:43: error: conflicting types for `_oss_ioctl'
> /usr/include/soundcard.h:309: error: previous declaration of `_oss_ioctl'

I've found references to this error on the current-users lists from
February, but don't know how to solve it.  A workaround is to simply remove
the offending definition from soundcard.h, but that's not the way to go, of
course. :-)  Anyone else knows how to tackle this?

Next thing I think we miss is /etc/libmap.conf functionality.  This file
(in FreeBSD) maps the shared libraries used by a given binary to other
shared libraries (with a different version or path for example), which is
what you need to attach the proper linux-libraries from /emul/linux to the
linux plugins.  Does NetBSD have such thing?  Can we port/create it?

I'd like my browser to show up as "NetBSD" in the weblogs. ;-)

	Geert