Subject: Re: xpkgwedge: problem in removing symbolic links
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Kouichirou Hiratsuka <hira@po6.nsk.ne.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2005 02:24:19
Hello,

At Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:09:56 -0700 (PDT),
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:
>
> >> In case of X11_TYPE=xorg or X11_TYPE=XFree86, should xpkgwedge
> >> depend on ${X11_TYPE}-clients?
>
> I don't understand the problem from the original email. What error did you
> get?

xpkgwedge can be added before xorg-clients.  In this case, some
symbolic links are not created.

# pkg_add xpkgwedge
[snip]
# pkg_add xorg-clients
[snip]
# ls -la /usr/pkg/bin/bdftopcf
ls: /usr/pkg/bin/bdftopcf: No such file or directory
#

> What if you want to "compile X11 pkgs from pkgsrc and install them outside
> of the X11 tree" but don't want the xorg-clients (or XFree86-clients)
> installed?

I missed this case.  I don't commit the patch.  Thank you for
pointing out.

However, if system uses X11 from pkgsrc, does xpkgwedge work without
above symbolic links?

best regards.
--
 Kouichirou Hiratsuka