Subject: Re: pkgsrc survey
To: Michael Parson <mparson@bl.org>
From: Ed Wensell III <ewensell3@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/05/2005 12:56:28
--- Michael Parson <mparson@bl.org> wrote:

> Agreed, I've got a couple of boxes I'm not willing to set up sendmail on
> for sending mail out.  An option for this to output to a file or even
> stdout for moving to a better-connected host & emailed from there would
> allow me to submit data from at least two more machines in my personal
> setup, probably more with others.
>
> --
> Michael Parson
> mparson@bl.org

pkgsurvey appears to be a three line shell script. Wouldn't take much to
redirect the output to a file rather than pipe it through E-mail.

I was about to do exactly that, then realized they probably have some sort
of automated processor watching the incoming E-mail. Not sure how strict
it would be about the subject line or body of the message (eg. Yahoo!
forces a bit on the signature).

--
Ed Wensell III

http://mail.yahoo.com