Subject: Re: boost-libs compilation takes *extremely* long
To: Rhialto <>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/03/2005 08:43:56
-On [20051003 01:34], Rhialto ( wrote:
>No, it isn't swapping. I have 1GB of RAM, and according to the ^T status
>line, the compiler uses 213308 KB of memory, which grows very slowly.
>I'll try adding -O0 (somewhere, I'm not sure if the build tool "bjam"
>will respect CXXFLAGS) to see what happens.

At least jam should not be your issue.

I do know that boost's jam has some optimisations over normal jam and I am
not sure if that included threading.  It does use some IPC though.

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)> / asmodai / kita no mono
Free Tibet! |   |
Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius