Subject: Re: [RFC] Where to put license files?
To: Greg Troxel <>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/29/2005 10:27:10
-On [20050929 02:26], Greg Troxel ( wrote:
>pkglint, I suppose.  But really such duplication is not a terrible
>thing if the license files are the same, just inelegant.

It's not like they're a huge waste of disk space, it clutters, granted, but
GNU's COPYING is around 20k and most others are way smaller.  I'm sure most
BSD source trees have a bunch of these scattered all over the place as well.

I think there's bigger problems to worry about, like SuSE 9.3 emulator
packages or cleaning up PRs.

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)> / asmodai / kita no mono
Free Tibet! |   |
Look at his Soul, still searching for salvation...