Subject: NO_* variables (was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc)
To: None <>
From: Roland Illig <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/29/2005 00:40:24
Roland Illig wrote:
> Another possibility would be:
> SKIP_PHASES=    extract patch configure build install
> This would reduce the number of lines in quite many packages, without
> being unreadable.

I grepped through the whole pkgsrc tree, looking for NO_* variables.
Most variables could be removed with the SKIP_PHASES above.

Another big group is the NO_{SRC,BIN}_ON_{FTP,CDROM}, including
misspelled ones like NO_SOURCE_ON_CD. I don't think there's a need for
these to be changed.

On the third place, there's NO_MTREE. Didn't we want to get rid of that

The remaining lines are only 33. That's not too much, so I think we
could live with that.