Subject: "make update" problems traced
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/23/2005 23:58:45
--------------enigA2C2A5E753AA4159686178DF

Hello all,

   In order to find out what is going on with "make update", I ran make
with "-d A". This is what is causing it to fail:

Global:PKGNAME = bash-3.0pl16
[---]
Global:TMPPKGNAME = ${PKGNAME}
Global:PKGBASE = ${TMPPKGNAME:C/-[^-]*$//}
Global:TMPPKGNAME =

   PKGNAME is set to "bash-3.0pl16", then TMPPKGNAME is set to
${PKGNAME}, and PKGBASE is parsed from TMPPKGNAME. Well, guess what:
TMPPKGNAME seems to be empty.

   I have tried to print out PKGNAME and PKGBASE using "echo", and sure
enough, PKGNAME is set properly, but PKGBASE is empty.

   The problem actually seems to be that "deinstall" fails, rather than
"update".

--
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson