Subject: Re: bmake and bootstrap and own.mk and MKCONF
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/22/2005 20:19:09
>I see that the original bootstrap bmake was built with
>--with-default-sys-path=$prefix/share/mk
>but devel/bmake does:
>--with-default-sys-path=${PREFIX}/share/mk:/usr/share/mk:/usr/local/share/mk:/
>opt/share/mk
>
>So I am now using --with-default-sys-path=$prefix/share/mk
>and all is well.

Since both list $prefix/share/mk first, the two should be equivalent
no?  What lossage are you seeing from the extended sys-path?

>By the way, I merged in several of the old boostrap/bmake patches into new
>bmake-20050901. I will commit those to the pkgsrc/devel/bmake and maybe
>you can review and put into next official release or help with getting
>into src/usr/bin/make.

My preference is to only add functionality to make.
Thus, the only difference b/w make and bmake should be those needed to
support autoconf.  Send me the diffs and I'll take a look.

--sjg