Subject: Re: bmake and bootstrap and and MKCONF
To: Simon J. Gerraty <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/22/2005 17:55:42
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Expanding ""... /usr/pkg/share/mk/ /usr/share/mk/
> Now I need to look at the other bootstrap way to see what mk files are
> different or how bmake is different.

I see that the original bootstrap bmake was built with
but devel/bmake does:

So I am now using --with-default-sys-path=$prefix/share/mk
and all is well.

But what if someone installs devel/bmake (such as a bulk build) -- then my
unregistered and different pkg/bin/bmake will be overwritten and won't
work for me on DragonFly.

By the way, I merged in several of the old boostrap/bmake patches into new
bmake-20050901. I will commit those to the pkgsrc/devel/bmake and maybe
you can review and put into next official release or help with getting
into src/usr/bin/make.

  Jeremy C. Reed