Subject: Re: Removing the warning about OS mismatch version (pkg_add)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/22/2005 07:01:59
--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org> wrote:
=20
> The following code may be used in pkg_add to remove the=20
> warning about "OS mismatch version", just using two patterns
> we'll see if the package could be installed without printing
> the stupid warning
>=20
> You can see the files here:
>=20
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/xtraeme/pkgosver/

I don't think it's that easy.  This patch only addresses NetBSD, not any
of the other OS we support, and where other version schemes need to be
considered.  I think there was some discussion about this on this list a
while back, where Hubert (I think) provided an initial list of which OS
could ignore which version mismatch.

-Jan

--=20
If you are undertaking anything substantial, C is the only reasonable choice
of programming language.
	-- UNIX User's Supplementary Documents

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--