Subject: Re: Removing the warning about OS mismatch version (pkg_add)
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/22/2005 07:01:59

Juan RP <> wrote:
> The following code may be used in pkg_add to remove the=20
> warning about "OS mismatch version", just using two patterns
> we'll see if the package could be installed without printing
> the stupid warning
> You can see the files here:

I don't think it's that easy.  This patch only addresses NetBSD, not any
of the other OS we support, and where other version schemes need to be
considered.  I think there was some discussion about this on this list a
while back, where Hubert (I think) provided an initial list of which OS
could ignore which version mismatch.

If you are undertaking anything substantial, C is the only reasonable choice
of programming language.
	-- UNIX User's Supplementary Documents

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (NetBSD)