Subject: Re: Error in pthread_mutex_unlock when Apache2 authenticates against an LDAP backend
To: Jean-Luc Wasmer <jl+netbsd@lists.wasmer.ca>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/21/2005 18:32:44
--ADUFSHE2qQv+ehpq

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 12:19:59PM -0400, Jean-Luc Wasmer wrote:
> Quentin Garnier wrote:
>=20
> >2.  You're not using the LDAP authentication module you apparently
> >   intend to use.  To actually use ap2-auth-ldap, the directives are
> >   different, and are not the ones described in Apache 2.0
> >   documentation.
> >=20
> >
> Ok. I've always used the builtin LDAP module... but when upgrading I=20
> noticed the ap2-auth-ldap package so I figured it was now external (and=
=20
> mandatory for LDAP authentication).
>=20
> So, what is the difference between the builtin one and the one from pkgsr=
c?

Different authors, different syntax.  I'm trying to remember why I chose
the built-in one instead of ap2-auth-ldap for my need, but I'd have to
look at ap2-auth-ldap's documentation again.

I'm almost certain there is a third implementation of a LDAP
authentication module somewhere...  Maybe not for Apache2 though.

--=20

--ADUFSHE2qQv+ehpq

--ADUFSHE2qQv+ehpq--