Subject: GTK applications segfaulting
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <segv@netctl.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/18/2005 14:15:18
Hi, after upgrading all my applications to the latest version from the recent
pkgsrc tree, I noticed that GTK applications sometimes die with SEGV, the "fix"
is to reboot the system so that everything in memory is cleared and reloaded.

I ran memtest86 and it didn't find any problems, so I have a feeling it may
have something to do with gtk2+-2.6.10. Has anyone noticed similar problems?

[dhcli-192-168-0-3.netctl.net] gdb sylpheed sylpheed.core
GNU gdb 5.3nb1
This GDB was configured as "i386--netbsdelf"...(no debugging symbols found)...
Core was generated by `sylpheed'.
#0  0xbda58076 in gtk_pixmap_get () from /usr/pkg/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
(gdb)