Subject: Re: wm/windowmaker and WPrefs
To: Matthew Luckie <mjl@luckie.org.nz>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/16/2005 17:56:15
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Matthew Luckie wrote:

> However, a bunch of other packages install in ${PREFIX}/share/GNUstep
> which seems to be the nicest place to put such files.  For now, here's
> a patch which puts WMPrefs in ${PREFIX}/GNUstep.  If the proper place
> is share/GNUstep, please let me know, and I'll fix this package and
> have a look at the other related WM applications listed above.

I don't develop or use the software, but my preference is share/GNUstep. I
see that Debian puts it at lib/GNUstep. But FreeBSD puts it at
${LOCALBASE}/GNUstep.

I just don't want to have too much clutter under LOCALBASE (like qt3, gcc,
etc).

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/