Subject: Renaming audio/musicpd to audio/mpd ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/16/2005 16:16:16
It's annoyed my for a while that the package for the mpd program is
called "musicpd".  However, it's also been pointed out to me that "mpd"
is a FreeBSD port for a multi-link ppp daemon program.

Usually when I look for a program on pkgsrc I start with
"ls pkgsrc/*/*prog*", and this could lead to people to believe that
there's no package for mpd.

It's not going to break my heart of the package name stays "musicpd",
but it's just a nit that's annoyed me for a while now, so I may as well
voice my nit and see what reaction it gets :-)

Simon.
--
Simon Burge                                   <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
NetBSD Development, Support and Service:   http://www.wasabisystems.com/