Subject: Re: dependencies?
To: Jan Danielsson <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2005 20:13:59
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Jan Danielsson wrote:
>   I'm trying to learn pkgsrc by making my first package. I want to add
> a program which requires gnu prolog and tcl/tk to build.
>   How do I make my package "require" these in order to build?

STRONGLY recommended reading:

  * The pkgsrc Guide, see pkgsrc/doc/pkgsrc.{txt,html}, AKA
    which contains a lot of details you need to at least have a basic idea
    about (and which you apparently don't have, sorry)

  * Easy Software Installation on Linux, Solaris, NetBSD etc. using pkgsrc,
    a brief introduction to pkgsrc including its dependency system, see

  - Hubert