Subject: dependencies?
To: None <>
From: Jan Danielsson <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2005 20:01:03

   I'm trying to learn pkgsrc by making my first package. I want to add
a program which requires gnu prolog and tcl/tk to build.

   How do I make my package "require" these in order to build? Oh, and
the program currently just consists of a bunch of source files and a
Makefile. The developer has written in the program's readme that
"someone should write a configure script". I have no idea how to use
autoconf et al -- should I take this opportunity to learn that too?

Anyway, "USE_TOOLS += gprl" doesn't seem right..

Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)