Subject: Re: meta-pkgs/gnome build problem...
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2005 07:40:36
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 09:15:29AM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
>> Hm, if this doesn't affect the build for NetBSD 3.x and FreeBSD >= 5.4
>> (and I guess so since Gnome has applied this patch upstream), we may
>> just add these two patchfiles to the pkgsrc directory,
>> unconditionally?
>
> no, the correct way is to test lrint/rint functionality in configure
> and adjust the code to use the one available (and sufficient for the
> task).

That is what I suggested to the GNOME developers in my bug report to them,

Instead they just changed code to use rint instead.

(I never committed this myself because it is not my package. But then
yesterday I planned to commit. But my test system has been spending all
day installing gnome-related packages -- and failing -- just so I can get
gnome2-media tested.)

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/