Subject: Re: pkgsrc strange homemade pkg behavior
To: Eric Auge <eau@phear.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/13/2005 08:17:01
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Eric Auge wrote:

> ---- pkg_add yell ----
> Installing files needed by insttmp.21727a:

Notice that it says "insttmp.21727a". This is broken.

I had same problem. I am guessing you are using pkg_install tools from
before February 2005. They are broken. It will cause problems such as not
cleaning up on pkg_delete. I had reported this and suggested
that there should be some mechanism to notify if using these old tools.

I don't know if this is related to your problem. But please consider
updating pkg_install (on this target system) and trying again.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/